Sunday, September 11, 2011

Aldo Sambrell Remembered at Almeria Film Festival


At the closing ceremonies of the 2011 Almeria Film Festival Aldo Sambrell was remembered and honored with the scattering of his ashes at Fort Bravo / Texas Hollywood film set. Three stuntmen from Fort Bravo scattered the ashes of Spaghetti Western great Aldo Sambrell at the location site. Candida Lopez Sanbrell's widow explained that "Aldo wanted to die in Almeria on a horse. Aldo loved the desert of Almeria. So I will comply with its decision and so the horses are going to scatter his ashes on the land he loved. " Aldo is now part of Almeria forever. Viva Aldo!


1 comment:

  1. I heard a rumor that Aldo Sambrell was a big fan of the American Westerns and wanted to have his ashes scattered on the main street of Tabernas in Almeria to show his love for the genre. He had been living in Alicante at the time of his death. He was 79. Please don't ask me who told me the rumor since I can't remember who it was and I probably don't believe it myself.

    ReplyDelete